beautiful and recently elected Miss Universe, Natalie Glebova tells
certain anecdotes and details of her life before and during Miss
Universe just few months of her triumph past June in Bangkok, Thailand.
*** Article from a Canadian Magazine
- She was born in Tuapse, Russia; a small village on the coasts
of the Black Sea.
- She is an only child.
- She studied classical piano and Olympic gymnastics for 7 years
in her natal Russia.
- In 1993 she immigrated to Toronto, Canada. Her first house in
Canada was a hotel near the airport where she lived with her parents
- She grew up as a shy girl, due to her Russian accent and last
name, she ended up perfecting her English and became a children’s
tutor of immigrant children.
- The first Miss Universe contest that she saw was the 2002 contest
won by the Russian Oxana Fedorova.
- After competing in Miss Canada 2004, where she finish fourth,
she went to Colombia to the Miss Maja World Contest - during the
contest, her foot got stuck between two dais of wood, she pulled
very hard and hurt her foot. She finished the contest with a bleeding,
- Her favorite color is the turquoise, but she selected white
for her night gown in Miss Universe, as she said "White is
the winning color in the contests!”
- Just like the Russian Oxana Fedorova in her year (2002), Natalie
was the last delegate to enter Miss Universe, both were born in
Russia, and they both won officially dressed in white.
- In the pre selection, the jury asked her: “If you could
reincarnate, who would you like to come back as? Her answer was
“in Erin Brokovich".
- She goes mad with all types of chocolates.
- Her roommate was Miss Latvia and her best friend was Miss Israel.
- They are planning to meet in Crimea, once she finishes her obligations
as Miss Universe.
Collaboration of Art (Canadá)
This anecdote is from the month: